What Are Unity Teachings?
Unity has no dogma. The Myrtle and Charles Fillmore who founded Unity were reluctant even to issue a statement of beliefs. They wanted to remain in constant exploration and call on the wisdom in each person.
Throughout the years, they pulled together teachings of Truth that flow through all the world’s great religions. Later, leaders of Unity boiled them down to five basic principles.
- God is the only true presence and power in the Universe.
- We are individualized expressions of God; our divine potential and spiritual essence are called the Christ.
- We create our reality through the thoughts we hold in consciousness.
- We become aware of our oneness with God through prayer and meditation.
- We must put spiritual truth into practice in order to change our lives.